Our mission is to serve the mindfulness community and to advance the health and well-being of the general public by:
- providing evidence-based services;
- providing access to a team of well-trained and well-supported mindfulness-based teachers, through supervising and assisting in the development and training of mindfulness-based teachers; and
- supporting the education of mindfulness-based teachers by providing access to high-quality mindfulness-based teacher training, mindfulness-based supervision, personal practice mentoring, and mindfulness and compassion retreats.
The Mindfulness Network delivers teacher training – including the Teacher Training Pathway and stand-alone courses – under licence from Bangor University.
High standards are at the heart of our Teacher Training programme and our goal is to equip you to teach mindfulness in line with UK Good Practice Guidelines. All of our trainers are senior mindfulness practitioners and teachers from Bangor University’s Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP). Bangor University – the issuing body for the final certificate of Competency to Teach awarded to trainee teachers – will oversee quality assurance together with The Mindfulness Network.
Our teacher training programme includes: teacher training retreats and nine-week training courses; inquiry and group workshops; supervision training, specialist teacher training; distance learning MBSR; and Friends of Bangor events.
Ongoing mindfulness supervision is an important part of the Good Practice requirements for teachers of mindfulness-based courses. It offers an important opportunity to reflect upon your mindfulness-based teaching and practice.
- are highly qualified and meet the UK Network’s Good Practice Guidelines for Supervisors, plus our own stringent requirements;
- are deeply experienced mindfulness-based teachers with specific training to develop their skills as supervisors. Many also train mindfulness-based teachers at the leading UK training organisations; and
- have expertise across a range of Mindfulness-based Programmes and different populations.
Our mindfulness retreats:
- are grounded in contemporary mainstream mindfulness-based approaches;
- are suitable for people with all levels of interest and experience in mindfulness;
- are led by teachers deeply experienced in mindfulness practice and guiding retreats, plus extensive MBSR/MBCT teaching and training experience. Our guest retreats are taught by leaders in the field; and
- include introductory residential and city weekends, and longer 5 and 7-day silent retreats.
Our 5 and 7-day retreats help mindfulness-based teachers meet the UK Network’s Good Practice Guidelines and fulfill the annual retreat requirement for inclusion on the UK Network’s Listing.
Our compassion retreats and training:
In compassion-based courses, kindness and compassion are taught more front and centre than they are in MBSR and MBCT, and there is more focus on developing these qualities. Courses that combine mindfulness with compassion training can help us develop our capacity for compassion, so that we can be kinder to ourselves and others.
We offer retreats and training in both Mindfulness Self Compassion (MSC) and Mindfulness-based Compassionate Living (MBCL).
The aim of Personal Practice Mentoring (PPM) is to support ongoing personal mindfulness practice within a secular framework and context, through one-to-one sessions, with an experienced mindfulness-based teacher/supervisor. PPM is separate to the key role of supervision in professional mindfulness-based teacher training and development, and does not replicate this role in any way.
PPM is suitable for:
- anyone who has completed a group-based, eight-week, mindfulness-based course (including distance learning courses);
- trainee mindfulness-based teachers who are currently on or waiting to join a mindfulness-based teacher training programme; and
- anyone who has trained mindfulness-based teachers and who also seeks focused reflection to support the deepening of personal practice.
The Mindfulness Network is a charity registered in England and Wales, registration number 1177800.